Making sure you get the most from your medications
MedsCheck is a free service funded by the Ontario government to help you:
- Fully understand your medication therapy.
- Take your medications as prescribed.
- Get the greatest benefit from your medications.
How MedsCheck works
You are eligible for the annual MedsCheck if you have an Ontario Health Card (OHIP card) and are taking a minimum of three prescription medications for a chronic condition.
If you qualify and would like to participate in a MedsCheck review:
- Speak to your pharmacist to book your review in our private consultation area.
- Bring to your review:
- Your Ontario Health Card.
- A list of your current medications.
- A list of any vitamins, minerals, supplements or herbal remedies you are taking.
- A copy of your most recent MedsCheck review, if you have already had one completed at a different pharmacy.
- Allow up to 30 minutes for your review.
Your pharmacist will create a comprehensive drug review list and give you a copy to keep in case you need it for appointments with other health care providers.
Other MedsCheck programs
MedsCheck Follow-up: MedsCheck participants are eligible for a follow-up review during the year under certain conditions, including a planned hospital visit or a doctor referral based on significant changes or additions made to your medications.
Specialized MedsCheck reviews are also available. These include:
- MedsCheck for Ontarians Living with Diabetes
- MedsCheck at Home
- MedsCheck for Long-term Home Residents
Setting up your free MedsCheck review
To book a MedsCheck appointment, contact your Pharma-Cure Pharmacy pharmacist, who will be pleased assist you. We look forward to your visit.